St. Vincent's offers First Holy Communion classes for children 7 years and up to prepare children for the sacraments of Reconciliation and the Eucharist.
First Holy Communion (FHC), is the colloquial name for a person’s first reception of the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist. Holy Eucharist is the sacrament in which Jesus Christ gives his Body and Blood—himself—for us, so that we too might give ourselves to him in love and be united with him in Holy Communion. In this way we are joined with the one Body of Christ, the Church.
In this course, your children learn:
- What is the Eucharist and why is it called Holy Communion
- What is Transubstantiation and what happens at Mass
- How to Prepare for a worthy reception of Holy Communion
- What is the role of the ordained priesthood in God's plan
- What the saints teach us on the Holy Eucharist
At the end of the course, children will receive their First Communion.
Raffy Madarang and Jingle Chua